Spark Creativity through Play

I will be guest posting stories and ideas from TED Blog on Blazed Jive that leave a strong impression on me. TED Blog is my absolute favorite blog and I enjoy learning something new every day. It is my go to site to "learn about learning".

The following video is a playful presentation about the "powerful link between creativity and play" by Tim Brown. He correlates the fundamental learning environment of elementary students with enhancing the creative process for designers. Being a homeschooler, I love little tidbits of information that improves my teaching curriculum and consequently helps to amplify my daughter's knowledge and creative growth.

The premise of the presentation is broken down into three simple categories:

Exploration, Building, and Role Play


These are certainly not new concepts in a preschool setting, but it is interesting to see them carried over into a professional environment. How cool is that to work in a place that has you play all day? I'd even forego wearing dresses just to slide down the fire pole!

To keep my toddler entertained and stimulated, I use a book called Science Play. The fact that we're forced to go outside or think with our hands keeps the boredom fairies away.

Science Play is a well thought out book that contains various science activities for toddlers. Read my full review at Sazze: http://www.sazze.com/products/science-play-beginning-discoveries-for-2-to-6-year-olds1

0 comments:

Post a Comment